You know computer networking inside and out. You have the technical knowledge and practical experience to plan, install and maintain a computer network for a business and you enjoy troubleshooting and solving network issues. We have the perfect employment opportunity for you.
We’re LRS Web Solutions, part of Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS), and we’re looking for a proven Network Consultant with outstanding technical skills and a passion for providing first-rate customer service. If you’re the right person, you will join our exceptional team of network professionals.
As a member of our Network Support team, you will interact with clients, coworkers, account representatives and your manager to identify, estimate and implement network support and solutions. This will include on-site consultation, systems analysis, estimation, implementation and follow-up service.
This position is based in our Springfield, Illinois office and may require a very limited amount of travel within Illinois and the United States. Compensation consists of a base salary plus paid overtime.
Performance objectives for this position:
• Network Consultant: You will assist a number of business and agencies with planning, purchasing, implementing, monitoring and troubleshooting a diverse array of personal computers, servers, mobile devices and network systems.
• Identify and Purchase Hardware and Software: You will assist customers with purchase of hardware and software for repairs, expansions and upgrades of existing systems and implementation of new systems.
• Customer Service: Provide good customer service: respond to client requests and complaints in a friendly, helpful & knowledgeable manner; maintain excellent communication with clients & team members; discuss goals; anticipate future needs and make appropriate suggestions; explore options for alternatives with client; tactfully guide client & team members to best practices.
• Estimating: Cooperate with our administrative assistant and your manager to accurately estimate the work needed to implement a solution within needed timeframe. You will also, at times, be producing proposals and estimates without the involvement of the team.
• Work collaboratively: Work cooperatively with a team of network consultants and your manager by actively participating in meetings, helping to drive sales and exchanging knowledge with team-members. Deliver your work on time, complete and without errors. Proactively share information in order to help the entire group work effectively, produce an excellent solution, and provide superb customer service.
Your success will be judged on your ability to quickly analyze the issues confronting your customers’ computer systems and to efficiently develop a solution tailored just for them. Your success will also be judged by your ability to successfully consult with and advise clients on issues that could be problem for them in the future and to proactively recommend a plan or solution.
Self-motivation, flexibility, persistence, and attention to detail are critical to success in this position. The ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize work in order to maintain productivity as well as good troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills are essential.
The ability to effectively establish and maintain client relationships by carefully listening to clients in order to develop a solution that will be tailored to their needs is essential. Because you will be dealing with a variety of sizes and types of clients, general business acumen, empathy, and the ability to quickly understand business challenges is important.
You will use your strong communication skills to deliver presentations and to create proposals and network audits for Web Solutions customers.
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
LRS Network Support is a part of LRS Web Solutions. The Web Solutions group consists of a Manager, an Administrative Assistant, Account Representatives, Graphic Designers, Site Construction Specialists, Web Application Developers, Project Managers, Network Consultants, a UX Engineer, and an SEO Strategist. LRS Web Solutions is based in Springfield, Illinois but serves clients nationwide. The Network Team focuses primarily on customers in Central Illinois.
You will report to the Web Solutions Manager.
You can learn more about LRS at www.LRS.jobs. If you are ready for this challenging opportunity, send your resume to hropp@LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
• Two years’ experience monitoring and maintaining Windows Server networks.
• Two years’ experience of various network technologies and how they are integrated into our customers’ businesses is essential. Proven proficiency with data integrity & recovery, contingency planning, network & systems security, cost analysis and network design.
• One year experience with Microsoft software applications including but not limited to Microsoft Windows Client and Server Operating Systems, Microsoft Exchange Server, and Microsoft Office Suites.
• You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer. No visa sponsorships are available.