Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a System Engineer for a 3-month contract opportunity with our client in Greenwood Village, CO!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The System Engineer will:
- Be responsible for assisting design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide Operations Support Systems (OSS) applications and their associated operating systems and databases.
- Be responsible for Application Administration of OSS applications supporting all company Divisions.
- Participate in full life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality, scalable solutions.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Coordinate with the Information Technology department to review existing integration capabilities, data sources, and proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality.
- Conduct design sessions with appropriate participation from OSS Architects, Requirements Analysts, IT Operations and OSS Systems Engineers.
- Create detailed design documents and functional specifications for new applications / services and for enhancements to existing systems / services.
- Create configuration designs and collaboration with IT Operations for design and implementation of various environments.
- Create work effort estimates for new features and bug fixes for use in prioritization and release management.
- Develop core code modules, unit test tools and release notes for enhancements and bug fixes.
- Review new development tools, application frameworks and testing tools for functionality / effectiveness.
- Install, administer, configure and maintain OSS applications including operating systems and related software.
- Provide 'on call' support to resolve OSS application issues after normal business hours.
- Use established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact, (i.e. during established maintenance window).
- Work with database administrators to configure, tune and maintain databases in variety of languages.
- Document systems configurations and upgrades.
- Expect to work with the following: Linux server maintenance, Oracle server maintenance, application/code deployments/upgrades, troubleshooting, MOP review/creation, script automation, Chef maintenance/updates, Maintenance/Application status reports.
- Design and implement change and control policies and disaster recovery plans.
- Monitor and assist in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and status, system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years Application Development work experience
- 4+ years Network OSS application work experience
- 3+ years System Administration work experience
- 3+ years Database support and development work experience
- 3+ years Enterprise Application Integration work experience
- Working knowledge of development tools, application frameworks, and testing tools
- Working knowledge of OSS applications and software
- Working knowledge of choosing the appropriate lifecycle and the planning, monitoring and control of the systems engineering process
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to corp candidates will not be considered