LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Data Center Task Lead for a 4-month contract to hire opportunity with our client in Rockville, MD. If you’re that person, submit your resume now!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering IT excellence for over three decades. Our reputation for quality, flexibility, and strong relationships with our clients keeps them turning to us to meet their IT consulting needs. Our contacts, combined with your technical expertise, equals career possibilities for you. So let’s get to work!
The Data Center Task Lead will:
- Be responsible for data center operations and server support.
- Perform Enterprise-level Systems Administration of Windows Server 2008/2012/R2. This includes daily administration, loading operating systems, updating firmware and BIOS, installing latest patches and anti-virus, proactively monitoring of servers and storage, tape back-ups/failover, routine maintenance, change management and regular documented reporting of system maintenance.
- Oversee all aspects of datacenter operations including but not limited to replacement of equipment, cable management, ensuring proper cooling and power, maintenance of schematics, inventory management, and future planning.
- Integrate Core Competencies into daily functions, including: commitment to integrity, knowledge/quality of work, supporting financial goals of the company, initiative/motivation, cooperation/relationships, problem analysis/discretion, accomplishing goals through organization, positive oral/written communication skills, leadership abilities, commitment to Affirmative Action, reliability/dependability, flexibility and ownership/accountability of actions taken.
- Install, configure, monitor and administer all data center systems and servers in support of customer business and technical requirements.
- Design, develop, engineer, and implement solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Use software and hardware tools, monitors, tests, troubleshoots, and provides support on performance and access problems with network, software applications, and server systems, recommending repairs and changes as necessary.
- Develop and maintain documentation of server configuration and data center infrastructure.
- Base solutions on a firm understanding of government and industry policy, practices, procedures, customer requirements, and emerging technologies and future trends in support of the customer.
- Coordinate with senior representatives within the customer organizations to address program goals, milestones, resources and risks.
- Provide primary interface with vendor support service groups.
- Provide internal analysis and support to ensure appropriate notification during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Implement server security policies and procedures, and protects against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
- Provide customer support in solving all aspects of complex technical problems.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development, design and application of solutions implemented by more junior staff members.
- Possibly have management responsibilities when assigned.
- Aid in own self-development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company.
- Plan daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description and supervisor’s instruction in such a way as to maximize personal output.
- Configure test beds and conduct testing, recording and analyzing results, and providing recommendations for improvements for the products and systems under test.
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of configuration and support experience for (multi-site) environments (supporting more than 1000 users)
- Documentation experience
- Familiarity with a variety of the data center infrastructure support concepts, practices, and procedures
- Windows Systems administration experience
- Experience with Hyper-V
- Experience with datacenter infrastructure management, server virtualization technologies, SharePoint, SANs, administration of Microsoft Exchange, Clustering, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Data Protection Manager (DPM) and/or SAN Technologies
- Must be able to comfortably communicate and interface with senior leadership
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Corp to corp candidates will not be considered