Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking an iSeries Administrator. This is a project-based opportunity in Mattoon, IL. If you’re that person, submit your resume now!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The iSeries Administrator will:
- Be responsible for the technical architecture of the enterprise’s IBM i systems including hardware and software support, and technical systems administration. This includes implementation, configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, performance tuning, security, usage monitoring, IBM PowerHA data replication of systems, DR/HA planning and execution, and the development of specialized procedures relating to the use of the systems within the enterprise.
- Provide business and after hours support for production applications and will provide technical direction and guidance to less experienced technical staff.
- Collaborate and participate with all IT Infrastructure core teams as well as with internal software development groups.
- Have broad responsibilities for maintaining and operating all IBM i related systems in support of end-user access, performance, system capacity, and stability.
- Perform iSeries administration to include: system installs, PTF deployment, software installation, configuration, custom development, and security.
- Participate in specialized projects requiring technical research and/or vendor coordination.
- Perform problem isolation, definition, resolution and follow-up for system, application, and customer problems.
- Monitor system activity and tunes system parameters for optimum performance.
- Assist with the installation and administration of IBM i compatible operating systems.
- Stay current with the latest industry technologies, trends, and issues.
- Perform administrative type functions such as recording meeting minutes, distributing escalated tickets, updating documentation and databases, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Adhere to established timelines, guidelines, and procedures while utilizing company tools as required to deliver quality solutions that meet company and departmental standards.
- Adhere to server policies, procedures and design documentation.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to accomplish tasks.
- Utilize strong analytical and technical skills.
- Maintain a commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Plan, schedule, and manage assigned projects to meet deadlines using approved techniques.
- Accept technical responsibility for equipment and technologies assigned.
- Meet formally or informally with the project manager or designated engineer to discuss the status of responsibilities.
- Assume responsibility for formulating plans and taking them to completion.
- Have in-depth IBM i hardware and operating system knowledge and all related system periphery.
- Administer job scheduling tools on all IBM i systems.
- Schedule and coordinate hardware maintenance and repairs with IBM as required.
- Maintain operational documentation, enhance and expand whenever possible and/or necessary.
- Identify, implement and maintain IBM i best practices.
- Have willingness to broaden technical, functional, and industry skill base and to keep current with industry information and technical knowledge databases
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
LRS IT Solutions sells a complete line of hardware and software infrastructure products, as well as related services. LRS IT Solutions is one of only twelve organizations authorized to sell IBM System z servers. A Vice President oversees LRS IT Solutions, with one sales manager and one technical services manager reporting to the Vice President. You will report to the Technical Services Manager.
More information about Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. can be found at www.LRS.jobs. Applying is easy – just email your resume to careers@LRS.com.
- This is a contractual position and is not eligible for all full-time benefits.
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- Working knowledge of networking (Ethernet , TCP/IP, DNS)
- Experience with iASP and cluster services
- Experience with LPAR, PowerVM, DS8000Experience supporting web services in IBM i
- Experience with Robot, Aldon, MQ, PKMS or similar tools
- Experience with ILE RPG, DDS, and SQL