Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Tech Specialist for a 6-month contract opportunity with our client in St. Louis, MO!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Tech Specialist will:
- Complete back-logged Unix/Linux projects; install, configure, maintain and perform system integration testing of Unix or Linux based operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
- Provide Linux/Unix systems administration support to maintain all systems in accordance with appropriate system requirements.
- Provide assistance to fellow team members and end users in investigation, diagnoses, and problem resolution.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform capacity analysis, monitor and control usages of disk space.
- Investigate, provide analysis, and document assigned Configuration Change Requests in accordance with Project-approved Change Management (CM) processes.
- Provide for and ensure optimal technical operation, maintenance, and support of systems for robust and reliable performance.
- Oversee administration, installation, maintenance, and proper licensing of systems, including installation of server operating systems, patches, and upgrades.
- Proactively look research updates to OS packages and communicate or recommend updates to the appropriate staff.
- Ensure the integrity of data and ensure that backup recovery systems are reliable.
- Assist the Project with testing as necessary for software configurations.
- Provide and maintain current documentation of UNIX systems, server configurations, administrative tools, and procedures for implementation/adaptation of products and services.
- Assist staff with incorporating system modifications and upgrades into procedures and documentation.
- Provide recommendations for improving the server environment, such as capacity thresholds, security gaps, patch levels and hardware recalls
- Automate tasks through use of available tools (scripting, etc.).
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar tech related role
- Experience with Virtualization technologies, installing/configuring VMware; creation, management, administration and maintenance of virtual servers
- Working knowledge to Maintain user configurations, user registrations, passwords, resources, and distribution lists
- AIX Linux and RHEL Linux experience
- PSeries Hardware experience
- LPAR Configuration experience
- Installation of OS and Troubleshooting
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Corp to corp candidates will not be considered