Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking two Quality Engineers for a 1-year contract opportunity with our client in Fuquay-Varina, NC!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Quality Engineers will:
- Provide quality control and improvement support for the manufacturing and engineering organizations.
- Provide Production Support to identify, contain, investigate, and resolve quality issues.
- Lead problem resolution for Supplier Quality issues to ensure root cause is determined and appropriate corrective action is implemented.
- Lead Part Level Quality Planning for new programs, model year changes, running changes and continuous improvement.
- Support product lines builds with problem identification and problem tracking.
- Assist on new product rework tracking.
- Work with cross functional Turf Care teams to identify supplier related issues and assist in implementing of corrective action.
- Support the execution of Complete Goods Ship Hold process.
- Provide quality planning, control, and improvement support for product development teams, manufacturing engineering, supply management, and manufacturing and/or distribution organizations to assure product quality meets the customers' expectations. This includes the application of quality tools within the Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP), Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP) and Customer Support Process (CSP).
- Support application of quality tools with key suppliers as an integral element of quality planning.
- Participate on PDP (Product Delivery Process) teams as the Quality representative, ensuring quality activities and plans are formulated and followed. Engage in applying/leading Quality tools in Product Delivery Process (PDP) teams.
- Encourage early interaction of both customer and supplier input to team activities.
- Participate in Design Process and Assembly Reviews (DPARs), print reviews, and design reviews of new products.
- Monitor and facilitate quality activities for part approval, verify manufacturing processes (control plans, assembly instructions) and confirm process capability.
- Use quality tools and practices to establish approval criteria to ensure the identification of quality failure concerns for both internal and external manufactured parts and assemblies. An example is Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Investigate unit quality related issues and concerns related to product and processes, gather and analyze data, resolve/facilitate resolution and implement corrective action.
- Engage in applying/leading Quality tools on Customer Support Process (CSP), Continuous Improvement (CI), and/or Value Improvement (VI) teams.
- Execute Quality Control Plan where implemented.
- Investigate product quality problems, determine root cause for quality problems, gather and analyze data and implement corrective action to reduce or eliminate non-value waste resulting from non-conformances, scrap or reclaim.
- Assist in identifying, communicating and resolving supplier quality problems. Engage in supplier quality plan formulation as necessary.
- Conduct audits of new and existing suppliers to determine manufacturing capability and adherence to accepted quality practices. Drive prevention actions.
- Facilitate and write quality procedures for the purpose of maintaining/updating the factory quality system and support quality system audits, review results with audit team, and participate in management review meetings.
- Provide training and/or supervision to co-workers, inspectors, technicians and auditors on quality procedures and tools to monitor critical processes to assure consistent control and/or to implement cost-saving ideas to improve our products to meet customer expectations.
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/Science or equivalent discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing, engineering or quality environment
- 2+ years’ experience using quality tools such as FMEA (Failure Modes Effects Analysis), 8D Corrective Action, Root Cause analysis, Mistake-proofing, and SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Product knowledge in sheet metal
- Working knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- Six Sigma experience – green belt, minimum
- PLQP, AQP or AQE experience required
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to corp candidates will not be considered
- Prefer background in similar mechanical industry (sheet metal, casting, tubing, welding, etc.)
- Product knowledge in hydraulics, plastics, castings and other commodities involved with the assembly of commercial mowing and golf mowing equipment