Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Business Analyst for a 3-month contract opportunity with our client in Glen Allen, VA!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Business Analyst will:
- Participate in full life cycle development by performing requirements analysis, process development and design, and testing using development methodology.
- Develop, verify and document program logic, as needed, in a SQL environment by preparing tests and trial runs.
- Confer with technical personnel in systems analysis and application planning to develop detailed design specifications according to standards. Serve as liaison between departmental team business owners, end users, IT, Claims and Clinical departments.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for support, reports and analysis. Support Sales and Marketing, RFP, product development, Account Management, Network development and recruitment needs by providing detailed network matches, provider maps, access and density reporting, reimbursement and underwriting data, and miscellaneous ad hoc reports.
- Support departmental management team by providing trending and performance data. Support special projects. Maintain and monitor business analyst reporting queue and requests, and internal share point sites.
- Use MS Office Products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project, and Visio and on the SQL side they use MS SQL and Oracle SQL, and COGNOS for some reporting.
- Run operational reports that this resource will need to run, support, and perform quality reviews upon.
- Build new and adhoc reports at the request of internal client and other departments.
- Develop and document workflow, systems requirements, system impact analysis, systems design, process analysis and testing (including reasonableness checks) using software development methodology to provide efficient, cost-effective solutions as directed. Identify impact of solutions on existing and future systems. May perform operational activities.
- Create and maintain standard periodic provider and claim related reports to support operational and network development needs. Manage business analyst reporting queue and requests for ad hoc reports to support sales, implementation, new product development, special project needs. Query data warehouse and internal databases and prepare user friendly reports according to requestors requirements. Create and maintain internal management tools and databases to support CQI, rates, workflow business rules and system configuration, reimbursement and document management requirements. Responsible for Provider Search, CCD and NID updates and configuration.
- Develop and maintain project plans. Manage small to medium sized network related projects, as well as provider and claims system enhancements impacting provider data management. Conduct root cause analyses, gathering data to pinpoint problem areas on which to focus, validating that the analysis is data driven, recommending and implementing solutions and evaluating those results, and implementing controls to monitor consistent use of the solution.
- Help design plans for implementation, produce user documentation and training materials. May conduct end user training.
- Provide status reports that give a detailed description of the current projects progress and indicates time devoted to each task of the project; lead status meetings, creating agendas and documenting meeting minutes.
- Act as first or second line of support for functional area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with the following technologies required: MS Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project, and Visio), MS SQL, Oracle SQL (Toad)
- Working knowledge of system process analysis and/or program management, estimating IT system development, and testing
- Related professional experience in the managed care, healthcare, or insurance industries
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to corp candidates will not be considered