We’re seeking experienced Technical Project Managers for a client in Topeka, KS. This is a 6-month engagement that could lead to permanent employment for the right person. If you’re that person, if you have the Technical Project Management expertise that we need, submit your resume now!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering IT excellence for over three decades. Our reputation for quality, flexibility, and strong relationships with our clients keeps them turning to us to meet their IT consulting needs. Our contacts, combined with your technical expertise, equals career possibilities for you. So let’s get to work!
The Technical Project Managers will:
- Plan, execute and finalize projects within expected cost and timeframe and with the expected benefits. These efforts include coordinating the initiatives of multiple matrixed teams and external clients in order to deliver according to plan and/SLA. This position reports to the Business Management Center of Excellence.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Execute the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
- Identify key project team members by defining roles and responsibilities to create a project organization structure in order to develop the communication plan.
- Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
- Record detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
- Improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency, and boost morale.
- Communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Listen intently to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interrupting them.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Build mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
- Inspire loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs.
- Praise people for a job well done.
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.