Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Mission Assurance Engineer for a 5-month contract opportunity with our client in Dulles, VA!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Mission Assurance Engineer will:
- Perform Software (Quality, Safety, Reliability, V&V, IV&V and Subcontractor) Assurance tasks for software development on multiple programs and at multiple locations.
- Assist with the planning, preparation, and implementation of product quality and process assurance compliance that is in alignment with the software complexity, classification of the software, and customer requirements.
- Analyze process compliance requirements, derive and implement a value added software assurance tasks, and assess process and product compliance based on established requirements while using a good engineering practice of the quality of the product.
- Develop and implement a software assurance effort that is focused on value added to the product quality, requirements compliance and risk reduction during the early phase of the software development life cycle.
- Review and approve program specific software documents to ensure consistency, clarity, completeness, compliance to standards, plans and procedures.
- Provide Software Assurance input for program major reviews such as PDR, CDR, TRR, etc.
- Participate in Peer Reviews to ensure software product and products compliance.
- Oversee software requirements development, and ensure requirements traceability is performed from system level requirements to detailed requirements, to design, to test, and back, while assuring traceability of software requirements and the exclusion of unauthorized functions.
- Ensure software Design, Unit and Functional Testing and software Integration is performed per approved plan.
- Review and approve software builds and products at various phases of the development life cycle.
- Review Verification and Validation products and software builds for internal or external deliver. Attend Test Readiness Reviews (TRR); review software testing documents, software code and scripts; witness software loads and monitor software testing activities, ensure requirements traceability, analyze test anomalies and approve test status reports.
- Plan Chair Software Configuration Control Board (SCCB) meetings, monitor proper tracking of software change request and ensure correct implementation of approved software changes per established configuration control process. Track meeting minutes, develop software problem reports and close status per SCCB concurrence.
- Perform the Software Safety and Software Reliability assurance activities per applicable program plans and contractual agreements.
- Plan and perform software Product and Process Compliance Evaluations during the software development life cycle (SDLC) of a program or a product line.
- Identify, document and report non-compliances or risks, document and assure implementation of corrective actions; bring resolution to closure in agreement with relevant stakeholders.
- Collect Software Assurance metrics and reports as required by internal process and/or customer requirements.
- Perform software, software assurance and software configuration control process gap analyses, review and approve software deliverables as directed by the Statement of Work. As required, travel to the customer’s site and Acceptance testing witnessing activities could be required.
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.