Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst for a 3-month contract-to-hire opportunity (plus possible extensions) with our client in either St. Louis, MO or Charlotte, NC!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst will:
- Fill the role of a 24x7 IT Systems Operations Center (ITSOC). While you will initially work on the day shift, the client requires that whoever they hire be available to work any shift.
- Perform Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinate to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromise thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicate alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assist with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Monitor security systems, servers, and various access issues on a variety of different systems within our clients’ environment. Issues frequently include intrusion detection and malware infected PC’s. The person in this role will be required to monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve these issues in an IT Systems Operations Center environment.
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- 1.5+ years of experience in a Technical Support role
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Splunk, Nessus, SolarWinds NMAP or similar security tool
- Must have experience monitoring IT security systems OR experience monitoring network devices with a strong interest in cyber security
- Must be available to work any day and any shift
- Candidate must have ability to effectively communicate in English (written and verbal)
- Candidate must have authorization to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship
- Corp to corp candidates will not be considered