LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Java Developer for a 6-month right to hire contract opportunity with our client in St. Louis, MO! If you are that person, please submit your resume now!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering IT excellence for over three decades. Our reputation for quality, flexibility, and strong relationships with our clients keeps them turning to us to meet their IT consulting needs. Our contacts combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you. So let’s get to work!
The Java Developer will:
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the employee user’s experience.
- Design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software.
- Troubleshoot production problems related to software applications.
- Research, unit test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on customer requirements. Design and develop new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Review documents, including project charters, functional requirements, non-functional requirements and high-level designs to ensure detailed design work and implementation can use the information provided. Consults with project team and end users to identify application requirements. Participates in development of software documentation and run books.
- Address problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Conduct detailed analysis of log files and performance statistics of new or existing systems to identify previously unknown performance, functional or security issues and provides recommendations for remediation of issues.
- Conduct design reviews, code reviews and deployment procedure reviews with development teams and operations personnel.
- Resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Provide informal training and mentoring to senior technical personnel on platforms, tools and practices.
- Adhere to industry-specific local, state, and federal regulations as applicable.
- Know, understand, and follow company policy.
- Perform other duties as requested by manager.
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience developing, designing, and configuring systems and/or applications
- Knowledge of JSON and NodeJS, CSS and HTML
- Experience with application server platforms (WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.)
- Knowledge of editing/creating Weblogic data sources
- Experience with Start and Shut down of Apache, Weblogic
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Experience working in Telecommunications industry
- Hands on experience on creating intranets, extranets, composite applications, and self-service portals
- General awareness of Oracle, Eclipse, Apache servers, Load Balancers, JVMs, Unix/Linux
- Experience analyzing and troubleshooting logs, garbage collection, caches, monitoring tools
- Ability to prepare and perform a code review and deployment
- Ability to understand and design Dataflow Diagrams using Visio or similar tools
- Ability to make complex changes to web templates and content management systems
- Experience creating deployment Method of Procedures
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly