Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Help Desk Technician for a 3-month contract opportunity with our client in Columbia, MD!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Help Desk Technician will:
- Provide First Level technical support to users experiencing operational and systems malfunctions, both hardware and software related.
- Provide technical assistance over the phone for all supported locations addressing both emergency and routine issues.
- Respond to inquiries regarding systems procedures, status and downtime.
- Assist with Security access requests.
- Respond to employee phone, mail, email, fax, visits etc., troubleshoot problem issues or receive IT requests. Enter issues into call tracking system.
- Resolve or assign requests to the appropriate support group(s).
- Follow-up on outstanding issues and requests; perform quality assurance call backs as needed.
- Assist with creation of IDs including LAN, email, CURE, Web-applications, MPD, etc.
- Maintain the process of routing security requests to the appropriate security groups.
- Develop a functional understanding of key applications including Amisys, AMSW, CURE, Quest, IP, Maplinx, MPD, SQL Referral, Caretrac, etc.
- Assist with operational and management duties i.e. scheduling, mentoring and training. Assist with documentation development as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2+ years of experience in a comparable technical role
- Experience using Windows XP, Vista and MS Office products
- Must have general knowledge of PC and Laptop support, VPN, remote support tools, Wireless configurations, Internet Explorer and Firefox
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to corp candidates will not be considered