LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Security Operations Analyst for a short-term contract opportunity with our client in Central Illinois. If this is you, please submit your resume now!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
This Security Operations Analyst will:
- Review of security alerts/logs with follow-up on any suspicious activity.
- Perform investigation of network and hosts/endpoints for malicious activity, to include analysis of packet captures, and assist in efforts to detect, confirm, contain, remediate, and recover from attacks.
- Proactively monitor, identify and analyze complex internal and external threats, including viruses, targeted attacks and unauthorized access, and mitigate risk to IT systems.
- Work in concert with team members, Information Security engineering, and relevant Subject Matter Experts to process, analyze and drive the remediation of identified IT related vulnerabilities.
- Contribute to Information Security policies, standards, and supporting documentation.
- Troubleshoot complex issues with existing security and privacy protection protocols.
- Respond to inbound security monitoring alerts, emails, and inquiries from the organization.
- Provide support for Incident Response, including evidence collection, documentation, communications, and reporting.
- Maintain and Improve standard operating procedures and processes.
- Provide documentation of work through a variety of communications such as ticketing, operational briefs, and status reports.
- Assist with the operation and management of vulnerability solutions across the team's portfolio.
- Identify security issues and risks, and assist with the development of risk mitigation plans.
- Help drive continual improvement in the vulnerability management and security posture.
- Conduct security research to maintain current knowledge of latest security trends and issues.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- A strong candidate must have SOC/NOC experience
- 1+ years of experience in 24x7 shifted operations environment of a large number of critical production servers and High Availability uptime environments
- 2+ years working experience securing IT systems
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISSP, Security Information Security Manager, Global Information Assurance Certification, or related Security Certificate is desired and experience with security incident management
- Experience with administration and management of Windows, Linux, UNIX, and mobile operating systems
- Experience with: Real-time monitoring and malware analysis
- A strong candidate must have a strong analytical mindset
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer