CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
The community will nominate local nonprofit organizations to receive a Grand Prize of a balanced website for the organization valued at approximately $10,000.
Following a 3-week nomination period, an LRS committee will select up to 10 nominees as finalists. Then the community will cast votes during a 2-week voting process for their favorite organization from among the ten finalists to receive the Grand Prize.
A first runner- up organization will receive an LRS Social Media Package valued at approximately $500. A second runner- up organization will receive an online photo gallery valued at approximately $250.
In order to be eligible for consideration as one of the ten finalists, the nominee must:
- Be a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization.
- Provide services within one or more of the following designated counties in Central Illinois: Adams, Bond, Brown, Cass, Champaign, Christian, Coles, Dewitt, Douglas, Effingham, Fayette, Logan, Macon, Macoupin, Mason, McLean, Menard, Montgomery, Morgan, Moultrie, Peoria, Piatt, Sangamon, Schuyler, Scott, Shelby, or Tazewell.
- Have an existing domain name and live website.
- Not be a current LRS Web Solutions customer.
- Not have a member of LRS senior management as a board member or officer.
- Be willing to participate and receive a newly designed website in February 2012.
- Be willing and able to communicate with LRS between November 2011 - February 2012 regarding content, imagery, navigation, and functionality of their website.
- Be agreeable to abide by timelines set forth by LRS.
- Sign a participation agreement including agreement to allow use of their name and website for LRS promotional purposes if the nominee is a winner.
- The top three finalists from 2010 contest are ineligible for 2011 contest.
- Nominations will be accepted from September 15 through October 5, 2011.
- Nominees can nominate themselves, or third parties can nominate organizations.
- If a third party nominates an organization, the nomination form still must be completed by a representative of the organization in order for the nomination to be accepted. LRS will contact any organization nominated by a third party and notify them of the process.
- Nominations must be made online only at http://www.lrs.com/lrswebsolutions/makeover.
- The finalists who advance for voting will be selected from the list of eligible nominees by a selection committee established by LRS.
- All finalists will be notified by phone on or before October 7, 2011 and the list of finalists will be posted on the contest website.
SELECTION OF WINNER
- Winners will be selected based on total number of votes from the popular vote.
- Voting will be open from October 17 - October 30, 2011. (Early bird voting will be available for NHRA promotion.)
- It is the responsibility of each finalist to promote itself during the voting timeframe. LRS will provide all finalists with a packet of promotional items including a graphic and URL link for the finalists’ websites that will link to the online voting forum.
- A specific email address can only vote one time per day. Voting will be tracked by a valid email checker in order to enforce this requirement.
- LRS reserves the right to determine the validity of all votes.
- In the event of a tie, LRS reserves the right to award prizes based on the recommendation of a selection committee.
- GRAND PRIZE: There will be one Grand Prize winner who will receive a new website for their organization valued at approximately $10,000.
- TWO RUNNER-UP PRIZES: There will be two runner-up prizes. 1st runner- up will receive a free Social Media Package for their organization valued at approximately $500. 2nd runner- up will receive a free online photo gallery valued at approximately $250.
- LRS reserves the right to cancel the contest for any reason at any time.
ALLOCATION OF PRIZES
- All winners will be notified by phone by November 1, 2011. All remaining finalists will be notified by email.
- In order to receive their prizes, all winners must sign and return an LRS Web Solutions contract on or before November 9, 2011. If LRS does not receive the signed agreement by that date, LRS reserves the right to allocate the prize to the finalist with the next highest number of votes.
- Winners are responsible for paying taxes, if any, on the prize value. Winners should consult their own tax professionals regarding the taxability of any prize.
- Winners will designate a qualified contact for this contest to include the Director, Public Relations Director, Marketing Manager, or any similar position within the organization.
- The Grand Prize website redesign/restructure will follow LRS Web Solutions project management protocol.
- The estimated website reveal date for the Grand Prize winner is February 2012 (subject to change).
- The Grand Prize website redesign will consist of up to $10,000 in time and resources for a balanced website design. Any requests by the Grand Prize winner for services other than those named above or for services or resources in excess of $10,000 will be charged at LRS’ standard prices.
- In addition to the $10,000 website, the Grand Prize winner can choose to host their website with LRS at no cost for one year beginning on the date the website goes live. Any hosting service after the initial year will be by mutual agreement of the winner and LRS. However, the Grand Prize winner is under no obligation to host their website with LRS.
- The Big Website Makeover website is optimized for IE8, IE9, Safari, Firefox, and Mozilla. Older browsers may not interpret the website accurately.
Nominations will be accepted September 15 - October 5, 2011.
Voting on finalists shall be open from October 17 - 30, 2011.
The winners will be announced November 1, 2011.
Progress/status updates will be provided to the Grand Prize winner and the public via Facebook and emails.
The Grand Prize website will be completed by February 2012 for February 2012 reveal.