Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS) needs your technical skills. We’re a global leader in information technology solutions known for innovation, quality, integrity and financial strength. Since our founding in 1979 we have grown and succeeded in diverse technological markets because of the talented people who’ve joined us. Our headquarters is in Springfield, IL, but our business is literally worldwide. We have hundreds of employees working in dozens of locations around the globe, and we value the contributions of every employee. LRS people are known for being honest, self-motivated, and hard working. You can help us reinforce that reputation and be part of our success.
The LRS Enterprise Output Management (EOM) software sales group needs a pre-sales Systems Engineer. As an EOM Systems Engineer (ESE), you will provide technical assistance to the EOM sales team in proposing EOM solutions to customers and potential customers. You will also provide technical services to LRS customers who use our Enterprise Output Management product line on Windows, Linux, UNIX, and mainframe platforms.
Our EOM software products manage the delivery of output to printers, document repositories, e-mail systems, web pages, spreadsheets, etc. You will provide pre-sales support to our marketing representatives who sell this industry-leading software to Fortune 2000 companies. LRS is focused on growth in the distributed systems marketplace providing our solutions to new and existing customers including over 70 percent of the IBM mainframe customers in the USA who use at least one of our software products. Your technical expertise will be vital to our growth plans in this increasingly dynamic area.
You will be a member of the regional ESE team and support the sales process by attending meetings with prospective customers to identify their technical requirements; provide them with technical product explanations; and provide guidance on how to implement them successfully in their specific environments. You will be responsible for performing product demonstrations at customer sites or using web-conferencing. You will provide proof-of-concept installation services for products at customer sites.
You will be responsible for developing small programs, typically in VBScript or Perl, to assist customers with the integration of LRS products into their business application environments. You may be asked to prepare and conduct training for customers, either via the web or at a customer’s site. You may present product seminars (single or multi-day events) and participate in other marketing-related events such as tradeshows. You may participate in projects that will assist with the sales process including providing input to technical marketing documents. You may also be asked to analyze competitive products and provide written competitive comparisons.
You will be based in an LRS central regional office or the right candidate would have the option to work remotely. You can expect to travel up to 60 percent of the time within your region based on the marketing reps you are supporting. The compensation consists of base salary and bonuses based on revenue attainment with the salary being the larger share of the total compensation. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
- Understand full product/services line: Within one month after completing the EOM Basic Training, have a general understanding of the EOM products and be able to demonstrate that knowledge to your manager.
- Perform technical services: Within three months, successfully install and test the primary EOM products.
- Familiarize yourself with the extensive LRS library of SE-written scripts: Within six months be able to summarize their functions and how they have been used in various customer environments around the world.
- Provide Pre-Sales Technical Support: Within your first three months, contribute to the generation of new business by accompanying sales representatives on sales calls to meet with decision makers and identify potential technology needs in their environment. Work collaboratively with the sales team to prepare and deliver accurate, customized proposals to all qualified prospects within one week from the presentation. Prepare and present effective presentations using tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint to customers in settings that may range from very small to very large groups.
- Learn the full product/services line: Within six months, completely understand the available EOM software products and demonstrate this knowledge through discussions with your manager, other pre-sales staff and other marketing staff.
- Maintain records: Provide weekly status updates to your manager about ongoing projects or product installations. Record all customer contacts and activities in the current CRM system.
The key to your success is your ability to utilize your EOM software product knowledge to assist in generating new software license revenues. You must quickly develop a technical understanding of the EOM product suite and understand how the products relate to customers’ business needs. In house training will be provided. Your aptitude or experience developing an understanding of customers’ IT environments, identifying and qualifying customer requirements, and identifying product requirements will be vital to your success.
The EOM Division at Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. comprises more than 150 employees divided between 2 groups: sales/marketing and software development/support. The EOM sales and marketing group has approximately 80 employees based in the USA plus an additional 50 employees based in our international offices. A Senior Vice-President oversees the entire development, support, sales and marketing operations both domestically and internationally. Three Vice Presidents and two directors report to the Senior Vice-President. They are VP of European Sales, VP of Product Development, VP of North American Sales and EOM Services, Director of Product Management, and Director of International Marketing.
You will report directly to the Technical Manager for your region.
For additional information about LRS, please visit www.LRS.jobs. If interested, send your resume to hropp@LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information or citizenship status.
1. One year of pre-sales technical experience and/or customer-facing experience, preferably in output management, document repository, archiving or related product areas.
2. Two years of experience in systems administration/technical support or related experience working with multiple distributed systems/Windows platforms for organizations of at least 1,000 employees or customers of similar size.
3. At least one year of experience working with at least 2 of the follow types of systems:
a. Windows Server 2003-2012
b. Linux/UNIX systems
c. Active Directory Security and Group Policy Objects
d. Support systems, including firewalls, load-balancers
4. Two years of experience writing and/or editing Perl and/or VB script programs.
5. At least one year of experience with virtualization e.g. VDI, VMware, Citrix, Active Directory
Experience writing and/or editing VBScript or Perl is preferred.
You need to be a technical professional who is comfortable and competent when interacting with customers in a pre-sales environment. Your ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and in written form) features of the EOM product suite in a diverse group, ranging from CIO’s to system programmers, will be instrumental in the sales process. To demonstrate these skills, you must have experience making presentations to a live audience. This experience could be with sales presentations, technical presentations, or training. You must have experience explaining complex technical concepts using simple terminology.
You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer. No visa sponsorships are available