The PensionGold® Retirement Solutions group is seeking a Senior Information Technology Systems Analyst to join our Infrastructure and Technical Services (ITS) Team. The ITS Team is a key part of the PensionGold Retirement Solutions group which has been providing innovation solutions for pension administration software since 1987. Our current PensionGold software product, is a web-based application built on a service-oriented architecture using Microsoft .Net and Microsoft SQL Server database. The software runs on Microsoft Windows Servers and is used by customers in both physical and virtual server environments. It can be installed on-premise or as a fully hosted solution. If you like a challenging, fast-paced environment, like working with emerging technology, and have experience with Microsoft servers running large line-of-business application software, then this position could be perfect for you!
Our ITS Team has a critical role in two areas; (1) maintaining and supporting our customer’s server environments (hosted and on-premise) running their PensionGold software, (2) maintaining and supporting the internal environments used by our Product Development, Implementation and Product Support Teams. You will setup and support Microsoft server environments, both physical and virtual, install and configure the PensionGold software along with several business extensions such as imaging and workflow. Environments consist of a mixture of hosted and non-hosted configurations. Hosted locations include our LRS Data Center, our 3rd party hosting partner or the customer’s hosting provider. Customer environments typically include Production, Test and Disaster Recovery.
Our ITS Team utilizes a wide range of industry leading technologies including: Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, TMG/ISA Server, IIS and virtual technologies from Microsoft and VMware. You will be expected to understand current technologies and become proficient in new technologies used by the PensionGold software.
You will be based at our headquarters in Springfield, Illinois. You may travel up to 10 percent of the time, mostly to customer sites located across the United States, and travel will consist of short trips during the week. The travel does not include extended or long-term stays. Travel from our headquarters often occurs on our fleet of corporate jets. Your compensation will consist of a base salary, plus you are eligible for paid overtime and any travel time outside of normal business hours.
• Within one month, have a thorough understanding of the PensionGold infrastructure landscape.
• Within three months, demonstrate the understanding of the PensionGold software and what it takes to install and configure a working environment.
• Within three months, demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the infrastructure components (Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS, Active Directory and network connectivity) that is utilized to run the PensionGold software.
• Within six months, demonstrate that you can efficiently install and troubleshoot the software components utilized internally by PensionGold Retirement Solutions teams.
• Within one year, you must be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the PensionGold software and must be capable of installing, configuring and troubleshooting issues with a customer’s hosted or on-premise environments.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to implement quality solutions that meet business and technical requirements.
• Proficient using available software and tools to implement PensionGold software environments.
• Proficient in completing moderately difficult tasks or small projects on schedule or per set milestones.
• Aptitude for problem-solving and troubleshooting issues to resolution.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task to maximize productivity.
• Ability to articulate technical information in a way that is understandable to non-technical staff, decision makers and customers.
• Progress towards an in-depth understanding of the technical usage of PensionGold products.
A successful Infrastructure/Server Specialist will need to develop a thorough understanding of the PensionGold software products and extensions to be able to successfully install and maintain the software environments used by the products. Your ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of complex infrastructure related issues will be a key to your success. You should be able to demonstrate a creative logical and analytical approach to problem solving. You will need to develop a good working relationship with other teams within our group (i.e. the ITS Team, Product Development, Implementations, and Product Support), our corporate Network Services team and external customer resources.
The ideal candidate must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to efficiently troubleshoot and resolve issues across a broad range of software and technologies. You will also need to acquire a detailed understanding of how the environments running our PensionGold software are used by our internal teams and customers. You must be able to engage in discussion with people (internal and external) spanning a wide range of positions and level in their organizations. The ability to explain and discuss difficult or complex issues and/or information to people ranging from end-users to technical developers to management is very important.
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
The PensionGold Retirement Solutions group is one of several divisions within LRS. It is managed by a Vice President, with Managers reporting to the Vice President over Implementations, Production Development, and Product Support teams. Additionally, some Team Leaders report to various levels of management. You will be part of the Infrastructure and Technical Services (ITS) Team and report directly to the Team Leader who reports directly to the Vice President.
You can learn more about LRS at www.LRS.jobs. If you are ready for this challenging opportunity, send your resume to hropp@LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information or citizenship status.
• Three (3) or more years of experience supporting and maintaining information technology systems including Microsoft Server operating systems, Workstation operating systems, Microsoft SQL Server, and IIS.
• Three (3) or more years of working with relational and multidimensional database management systems and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server or similar RDMS.
• Three (3) or more years of experience with virtualization technologies (Microsoft or VMWare).
• Three (3) or more years of experience with technology features, such as Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP and WINS.
• One (1) or more years of experience with enterprise computer system components, such as Storage Area Network, LAN/WAN, routers, firewalls and server hardware.
• One (1) or more years’ experience with E-Mail systems and mail delivery.
• Experienced with administering and troubleshooting of complex infrastructure components in large server environments.
• Working knowledge of scripting products, such as Visual Basic Scripting, DOS / Windows command scripts, SQL scripts and PowerShell.
• Possess sound troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.