Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking four Senior Systems Engineers for a 1-year contract opportunity with our client in Dallas, TX!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Senior Systems Engineers will:
- Respond to environmental problems and implement resolution efforts across technology areas.
- Provide Unparalleled Customer Service in one of the following focus areas: System Engineer – Platforms; System Engineer – software; System Engineer – Security; System Engineer – Network.
- Evaluate, develop, customize, install, implement and maintain computer systems, and system architecture components, according to Customer/system requirements.
- Evaluate, develop, customize, install, implement and maintain key system software components, according to Customer/system requirements. Areas of focus are system monitoring, point-to-point and publish/subscribe messaging, middle-ware, and web services.
- Evaluate, develop, customize, install, implement and maintain Security solutions, policies, and procedures, according to Customer/system requirements.
- Evaluate, develop, customize, install, implement and maintain network systems (telecom or data network, dependent on specific role), according to Customer/system requirements.
- Focus on internal and external Customer requirements.
- Develop an understanding of business process being supported by assigned system(s).
- Participate in developing time estimates for project schedules.
- Support the organization’s project management policy, practice and methodology.
- Provide timely and accurate progress information to project status reports.
- Analyze and resolve problems of simple to medium complexity.
- Under supervision, research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution.
- Assist in installation, customization, development, implementation and maintenance of systems developed internally and/or in conjunction with an outside vendor.
- Assist in evaluating and recommending emerging technologies.
- Assist project team/business Customers in evaluating, developing, implementing and supporting system architecture components.
- Have knowledge and application of patch and upgrade procedures for hardware and operating systems.
- Perform backup and recovery operation.
- Participate in Security Awareness programs, make contributions to documentation.
- Have the ability to understand, articulate, and maintain existing policies and programs.
- Monitor and maintain elements of system security, including Intrusion Detection, Identify management, ID Provisioning, and other key system security infrastructure.
- Design cost effective network solutions that support business needs.
- Help manage the relationships with the network providers and vendors.
- Design, implement and provide second level support for the WAN, routed network and LAN at all facilities.
- Manage the IP addressing and DNS for the company.
- Design, implement and provide second level support for the telecom network, Call management and Call accounting systems, and the Reservations ACD systems for the company.
- Design, implement and provide second level support for the firewall network.
- Design, implement and provide second level support for host load-balancing solutions.
- Participate in component and system testing as it relates to hardware and operating system components.
- Test and implement hardware and operating systems components using techniques that preserve system integrity.
- Be required to carry / respond promptly to an on-call pager on a rotating basis with other System Engineers.
- Be responsible for immediate response to system software problems.
- Provide technical problem resolution for less complex problems without assistance.
- Assist in preparation of budgetary plans for project proposals.
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- Associate’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems
- 1+ years working experience in Systems Engineering
- 2+ years broad experience in UNIX, Linux and Windows Security, TCP/IP, intrusion detection/prevention, cryptography, data and database security, network security, certificate and key management, incident planning and response, risk assessment, threat and exploit analysis
- Working knowledge of SSL/TLS
- Working knowledge of SSH keys and Certificates
- Working knowledge of scripting (PowerShell)
- Firewall experience
- Knowledge of key system engineering
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to corp candidates will not be considered