LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Desktop Support Technician for a contract opportunity with potential for hire with our client in Chicago, IL. If this is you, please submit your resume now!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
This Desktop Support Technician will:
- Support and maintain computer systems, desktops, laptops, mobile devices and peripherals within the organization so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance.
- Troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user assistance where required.
- Be responsible for receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations.
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop and mobile device problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations, mobile devices and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding problems related to desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
- Ensure that physical desktop connections (i.e. RJ-45 Ethernet jacks, RJ-11 telephone modem jacks, connectors between PCs and servers, etc.) are in proper working order.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, network cards, and other components and equipment.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Monitor and ensure that security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions are installed, updated and functioning.
- Administer user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- A strong candidate must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in Desktop Support
- Knowledge and experienced with Microsoft Windows & Mac operating systems, as well as Microsoft Office applications, Active Directory, PC Peripherals, and basic Networking Hardware & Configuration
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)