Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking an Enterprise Systems Engineer for a 2+ month contract opportunity with our client in Rockaway, NJ! Local candidates will be given preference.
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Enterprise Systems Engineer will:
- Install, administrate, maintain, and troubleshoot AIX and HP-UX servers.
- Be an expert with HP-UX SME and AIX UNIX Engineer that can hit the ground running.
- Primarily focus on HP-UX Administration, secondarily focus on AIX Administration.
- Support operational activities, such as level three system support, root cause analysis, systems validation, performance tuning and capacity management. Work with Operations staff to improve monitoring and alerting activities.
- Represent IT Engineering Services on global project teams through the implementation of new infrastructure systems, including project planning and adherence to Company’s global project methodologies. Provide status reports and attend team meetings.
- Apply best practices for performance tuning of servers.
- Upgrade system software and hardware components, as required, to meet customer needs.
- Maintain system configuration documentation, including SOPs and IQ/OQ, software installation instructions, operating system installation and system configuration sheets.
- Install, configure, patch and automate HP-UX server builds using Ignite.
- Perform system migrations (P2V Migrations) in the IBM AIX and HP-UX environments.
- Comply with SOX and IT Compliance protocols.
To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- 7+ years of experience in HP-UX Unix administration at small and medium scale environments
- 3+ years of experience in IBM AIX Unix administration at small and medium scale environments
- Experience troubleshooting database, applications and services on HP-UX
- Strong HP-UX networking knowledge including, but not limited to: VLANs, bonding, and link aggregation
- Strong experience with HP-UX configuration and implementation (including cluster builds and firmware upgrades)
- Experience with HP-UX service guard
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Corp to corp candidates will not be considered