With the ever-increasing level of cyberattacks publicized about enterprise level corporations, it is no wonder that data risk and IT security are top concerns. The possibility of data exposure does not just affect the largest organizations, however. All levels of leadership from all sizes of businesses recognize a need to improve processes to mitigate risk. That risk in fact is rising. 55% of the small-to-medium business (SMB) market has reported being the victim of a cyberattack (ConnectWise – Channel Futures, January 2021). A study by Continuum (Business News Daily, March 2019) shows that the average data breach cost for a SMB nears $149,000. Often it is the small-to-medium-sized organizations that experience the largest challenges when putting together a framework and action plan for IT security.
So how do we put a plan together? What tools are available? Fortunately, Microsoft has always built its platforms with scalable security, compliance, and identity solutions in mind, no matter what size its users. Here is what our LRS Education Services instructor, Penny Morgan, has to say about Microsoft security and compliance tools in her blog article:
If you have appropriate permissions and licensing, you can navigate the Microsoft Security and Compliance center or the new portals for Security and Compliance to get started with these services and more. You will also find information in these admin centers to help you discover how Microsoft rates your organization’s security posture (Secure Score) and your compliance posture (Compliance Score) and will even find some recommendations to help you increase your score in each area.
It’s no surprise that Microsoft puts a huge focus on their security and compliance products. They are constantly reviewing their provided/offered solutions to give organizations every ability to create and use a trusted, protected environment for both users and data. It is not unusual to see many new features added or existing features updated on a very regular basis. Microsoft does their best to help you stay on top of what’s happening in 365 (check out the Microsoft 365 roadmap), but you also need to keep yourself aware of how these changes affect your specific environment as well. For more information on Microsoft’s Compliance offerings, check out https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/?view=o365-worldwide.
As with any robust solution, how do you distill all the available information down to relevant and actionable steps?
Microsoft’s newest series of instructor-led training courses are designed to build platform and process knowledge while improving skills through hands-on lab activities.
Learn the Fundamentals in a Single Day
Join our LRS Education Services training team to learn how to familiarize yourself with the fundamentals of security, compliance, and identity (SCI) across cloud-based and related Microsoft services. The content for this course aligns to the SC-900 exam objective domain. Candidates should be familiar with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 and understand how Microsoft security, compliance, and identity solutions can span across these solution areas to provide a holistic and end-to-end solution.
MS-SC-900T00 - Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
Guaranteed to run: September 20, 2021 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Central US Time.
Attend our live instructor-led class (virtual connection or in-classroom).
- Describe basic concepts of security, compliance, and identity.
- Describe the concepts and capabilities of Microsoft identity and access management solutions.
- Describe the capabilities of Microsoft security solutions.
- Describe the capabilities of Microsoft compliance solutions.
Build Your Knowledge
Once you understand the fundamentals, LRS Education Services will build on these concepts with a focus on role-based learning. The three courses below do not have to be completed in a particular order. Each class covers differing topics needed in a career role for those that use and manage the Microsoft platform.
MS-SC-200T00 - Microsoft Security Operations Analyst
- The 4-day course contains lecture and situational labs to apply the concepts needed to investigate, respond to, and hunt for threats using Microsoft Azure Sentinel, Azure Defender, and Microsoft 365 Defender. In this course you will learn how to mitigate cyberthreats using these technologies. Specifically, you will configure and use Azure Sentinel as well as utilize Kusto Query Language (KQL) to perform detection, analysis, and reporting. The course was designed for people who work in a Security Operations job role and will help learners prepare for the exam SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst.
- Course dates:
- October 5-8, 2021. 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Central US Time.
MS-SC-300T00 - Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator
- The 4-day course provides training on IT Identity and Access Professional, along with IT Security Professional, with the knowledge and skills needed to implement identity management solutions based on Microsoft Azure AD, and its connected identity technologies. This course includes identity content for Azure AD, enterprise application registration, conditional access, identity governance, and other identity tools.
- Course dates:
- September 7-10, 2021. 9 am – 5 pm Central US Time.
- November 1-4, 2021. 9 am – 5 pm Central US Time.
MS-SC-400T00 - Microsoft Information Protection Administrator
- In this 2-day course, you will learn how to protect information in your Microsoft 365 deployment. This course focuses on data governance and information protection within your organization. The course covers implementation of data loss prevention policies, sensitive information types, sensitivity labels, data retention policies and Office 365 message encryption among other related topics. The course helps learners prepare for the Microsoft Information Protection Administrator exam (SC-400).
- Course dates:
- Guaranteed to run: August 12-13, 2021. 9 am – 5 pm Central US Time.
- October 14-15, 2021. 9 am – 5 pm Central US Time.
Interested in more topics? Click here for a list of all of our Guaranteed to Run Courses or to search our Online Course Catalog.
Feel free to call or email me for more information, to enroll in one of our LRS Education courses, or to learn more about discounts for multiple enrollments!
P 309.664.7670 ext. 6302
LRS Education Services
Originally posted at https://www.lrseducationservices.com/Blog/Posts/4339/Microsoft/2021/8/New-Microsoft-Platform-Security-Compliance-and-Identity-Training/blog-post/